– By Mehak Joshi
There is not much better in life than a hot cup of tea, a nice view and rain. Today’s blog is about celebrating monsoon. Monsoon has started in India as of today and it is just blissful; pleasantly cold winds, dim natural light, little droplets of rain on every flower and the aroma of wet soil. Bringing happiness and composure to one’s soul.
“Rain clouds come floating in , not to make my days muddy ahead but to make me calm happy and hopeful.”
Everyone loves Fritters with their hot cup of beverage on a rainy day, “Pakoda” or fritters are the vital aspects of Indian street food. These fritters are filled with cheesy goodness with a little Mexican kick to it; so without further ado here is the lip smacking recipe for today.
Happy Monsoon Everyone!
Mexican Chili Fritters
- Prep Time- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time- 15 Minutes
- Serves– 10 people
- 10 large Mexican red chilly peppers
- 1 medium sized potato (boiled)
- 1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Wash and de-seed all the peppers in a way that their stems stay on. Don’t throw away the seeds and add them in the next step. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the seeds of peppers, boiled potato, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, pepper powder, mozzarella cheese and salt. Mix everything together to a doughy consistency.
- Carefully fill a little portion of the potato cheese mixture to each pepper. Keep aside.
- Mix the corn flour, all purpose flour and a pinch of salt. Mix this into a batter that is thick and slurry.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom based wok. Meanwhile dip each stuffed pepper into the flour batter and roll them over in breadcrumbs. Deep fry each pepper until golden brown and crispy from outside.
- For plating- cut one pepper from the middle and let the cheese ooze out of it. Arrange all the other peppers length wise.
- Serve hot with ketchup or desired dip.
Bon Appetit everyone !